1) After these things Jesus went over the sea of Galilee, which is the sea of Tiberias.
(Matt.14:15> And when it was evening, his disciples came to him, saying, This is a desert place, and the time is now past; send the multitude away, that they may go into the villages, and buy themselves victuals.
Mark 6:35>And when the day was now far spent, his disciples came unto him, and said, This is a desert place, and now the time is far passed.
Luke 9:10>And the apostles, when they were returned, told him all that they had done. And he took them, and went aside privately into a desert place belonging to the city called Bethsaida.)
2) And a great multitude followed him, because they saw his miracles which he did on them that were diseased.
3) And Jesus went up into a mountain, and there he sat with his disciples
4)And the passover, a feast of the Jews, was nigh.. (Ex.12:21> Then Moses called for all the elders of Israel, and said unto them, Draw out and take you a lamb according to your families, and kill the passover.
Lev.23:3,7> Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings In the first day ye shall have an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.
Num.28:16> And in the fourteenth day of the first month is the passover of the LORD.
Deut.16:1> Observe the month of Abib, and keep the passover unto the LORD thy God: for in the month of Abib the LORD thy God brought thee forth out of Egypt by night.
John 2:13> And the Jews’ passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem,
John 5:1> After this there was a feast of the Jews; and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
John 11:55> And the Jews’ passover was nigh at hand: and many went out of the country up to Jerusalem before the passover, to purify themselves.
5)When Jesus then lifted up his eyes, and saw a great company come unto him, he saith unto Philip, Whence shall we buy bread, that these may eat?
Matt.14:14> And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and he healed their sick.
Mark 6:35> And when the day was now far spent, his disciples came unto him, and said, This is a desert place, and now the time is far passed:
Luke 9:12> And when the day began to wear away, then came the twelve, and said unto him, Send the multitude away, that they may go into the towns and country round about, and lodge, and get victuals: for we are here in a desert place.
6) And this he said to prove him: for he himself knew what he would do.
7) Philip answered him, Two hundred pennyworth of bread is not sufficient for them, that every one of them may take a little.
Num.11:21-22> And Moses said, The people, among whom I am, are six hundred thousand footmen; and thou hast said, I will give them flesh, that they may eat a whole month. Shall the flocks and the herds be slain for them, to suffice them? or shall all the fish of the sea be gathered together for them, to suffice them?
2Kings 4:43> And his servitor said, What, should I set this before an hundred men? He said again, Give the people, that they may eat: for thus saith the LORD, They shall eat, and shall leave thereof.
Matt.15:32-33> Then Jesus called his disciples unto him, and said, I have compassion on the multitude, because they continue with me now three days, and have nothing to eat: and I will not send them away fasting, lest they faint in the way.
8) One of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, saith unto him,
9) There is a lad here, which hath five barley loaves, and two small fishes: but what are they among so many?
2Kings 4:43>And his servitor said, What, should I set this before an hundred men? He said again, Give the people, that they may eat: for thus saith the LORD, They shall eat, and shall leave thereof.
10) And Jesus said, Make the men sit down. Now there was much grass in the place. So the men sat down, in number about five thousand.
11) and Jesus took the loaves; and when he had given thanks, he distributed to the disciples, and the disciples to them that were set down; and likewise of the fishes as much as they would.
Ex.23:25> And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.
1Tim.4:5>For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
12)When they were filled, he said unto his disciples, Gather up the fragments that remain, that nothing be lost.
(Spiritual bread and water)
knowledge through the Holy Spirit